Results of questionnaires at university hospitals from a lecture ‘Compassion in Medicine’
*PT/OT … Physical Therapists/Occupational Therapists
- I had a chance to think what about what compassion really means.
- It was very helpful to learn how to keep our mind calm in any situation.
- I learned how to live happily as a human being.
- I learned how to observe my mind objectively in daily life.
- I gained new insights. Also, it was good to have a chance to practice meditation.
- It was good to hear Dr. Barry’s opinions about terminal care, and also to practice meditation.
- I became calmer than before. I hope more people will have a chance to hear this.
- I had a chance to see myself more. Also, I realize how much I’ve been affected by information and voices from others.
- I was very moved.
- Barry’s words were simple, specific and easy to understand.
- Barry’s warm message that we can make others happy by our state of mind was very touching for me. I felt happy to have something I can do in a given situation.
- I could understand more deeply about human emotions by the teachings.
- It was good that Dr. Barry showed us scientific facts clearly.
■4. Please give us your feedback about this lecture .
- I’ll try to be more gentle and generous. I’ll also try meditation.
- The teaching should be good for the people not only with medical background but also for all generations and races.
- I am a teacher and came here because I thought I needed to learn about the mind of a monk to guide students who have many difficulties.
- It was beneficial for me. The theme was connected to our daily life, such as the number of suicides among young people. I hope Dr. Barry will teach this to our students.
- I had just experienced anger before I arrived at the venue, but as I was listening to the teaching, I felt ashamed about my ego. During the lecture I experienced that my mind naturally became calm. Thank you very much.
- It reminded me of important things for me.
- As a medical caregiver and human being, it was a precious time to realize the mind of compassion. Thank you very much.
- I would like to become someone who can care both about myself, and others.
- I’ll try to practice meditation every morning. I became happy.
- The meditation we did altogether at the end was very good. I could feel Dr. Barry’s beautiful energy and generous personality.
- As mindfulness has become popular these days I have been practicing it a little bit. It was nice to practice with others today. I related to the idea of death as a natural process.
Click here for other medical related articles